Postmodernism

 

I thought the article on postmodernism and what it is/how it evolved was quite interesting. More specifically, I found that as the people on earth evolved, so did the type of art. The breakdown of each art era was also eye-opening:


I found it interesting that at first each culture is distinctly its own. If someone found out about another  culture, it was completely shocking and almost necessary to delete. The age of Modernism was special in the fact that it was very critical. Art really utilized its voice and criticized aspects that were wrong within society. Finally, the age of Postmodernism was basically a mold of many cultures into one but portrayed differently. I immediately connected modernism with my favorite band when I was in high school, Aer. The two guys who made up the band molded reggae, alternative, and hip-hop music into one style. The three genres of music come from very different backgrounds, but it was molded into one new style. 



As far as the Disneyland article goes, I am very much just overall confused. The two questions I have are:
1. Is the article saying that the concept of America is not real? Does that mean that nothing is essentially real? What does the author mean by "imaginary stations?"
2. How is LA an "imaginary station" when Disneyland is not real yet is still based off of something not real/imaginary? 


Comments

Popular Posts